Experiences leave and depart from Hoffmaster’s Marina near historic Occoquan, VA. We are located on the C Pier (Slip 10C). We can also start your cruse from the Occoquan Regional Park which has ample parking and great facilities. If you prefer to start your cruise from other locations in Virginia (such as regional parks, Mt. Vernon, or Alexandria), this must be pre-arranged and additional costs may apply. Stops in DC and Maryland can be part of the itinerary but we currently are unable to start cruises from these locations.
- Hoffmaster’s Marina
- 1214 Swan Point Rd
- Woodbridge, VA 22192 US
Our boat is a 26′ 2021 Bennington Tritoon. This boat is very spacious and provides a great space for entertaining, unencumbered views, and its shallow draft allows us to go in parts of the river and close to shore where other boats are unable. Out tritoon set-up that allows for the speed and performance of a speedboat with the spaciousness and fun of a pontoon boat.
- Spacious seating configuration
- Premium sound system with 6 speakers plus a Subwoofer (Bluetooth and Sirius Capable). Let us know your favorite genre or provide your own music
- Roomy swim platform with ladder
- Full shade or half shade available with double-bimini top
- Interior LED lighting enhances our evening and night cruises
- Pop-up privacy tent for changing and portable marine toilet
- Fresh water wash-down hose available
- Two device charging stations for passengers each with quick-charge capabilities
Food and Beverage
Enjoying your favorite food and beverages is a great part of the boating experience. We will provide bottled water and soft drinks. We encourage you to bring your own snacks or meal (depending on your trip length and timing).
Alcoholic beverages are permitted and your captain is your designated driver. It is the responsibility of the main charter guest to ensure only guests 21 and over enjoy adult beverages. We are very laid back and want everyone to have a great time but guests should not drink too much that they are unable to follow any safety instructions given by the captain. If that happens, your cruise will be cut short and no refund given.
Another option for food is carry-out from a restaurant on the water. Below are some of our favorites:
- The Electric Palm – Can walk over from our marina for carryout or before/after meals and drinks. Live music Thursday – Sunday in the summer.
- Madigan’s Waterfront – Accessible in Historic Occoquan with a or short drive or we can pull up by boat.
- The Harbor Grille – Another great option on the Occoquan river. We can pull up to their dock to get carryout.
- National Harbor – Offers many options for carryout on full day – Washington DC experiences
- The Wharf – Great restaurants for full-day DC experiences.
Our boat is equipped with readily accessible Type I personal floatation devices (PFDs) for all passengers and crew ,which is required on all charter boats. In addition the boat is equipped with a throwable ring buoy and all required USCG safety equipment.
All passengers under the age of 13 must wear a life jacket when the boat is not at the dock or anchored.
We do have more comfortable Type III PFDs available for kids (ski type vests) that can be worn unless conditions require passengers under 13 switch to a Type I jacket. You can also bring your own life vests which can be worn instead at the discretion of the Captain.